Do we have the presence of God with us? Or have we lost His presence? More than anything else in your life, ensure that you have His presence with you always and especially in Year 2020.
Psalm 51:11: Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. This is a powerful prayer. We need to have the presence of the Lord in our lives; it is a wonderful experience. It is essential in our everyday life.
For God’s Presence to become our portion in Year 2020, the following conditions need to be fulfilled:
1. Holiness (Seeking after God and His righteousness): Isaiah 59:1
– The sacrifice of Jesus for our redemption is a complete work and there is nothing we can add or remove from it. However we need to continue to pursue or press forward for righteousness diligently to stay in His Plan (Matthew 6:33, 1Timothy 6:11, 2 Timothy 2:22).
– Which means we are to stand upon the imputed righteousness and practice righteousness (1John 2:29, 1John 3:7). (1John 3:10) if you are not living in righteousness you are not His child and therefore cannot experience His presence
2. Praises: Psalm 22: 3, Psalm 100: 1-4, Malachi 2:1-3
– This is the trigger that turns on the manifest presence of God 2Chro 20:15-24
– Paul and Silas in Acts 16:25 attracted God’s presence through the exercise of praise.
3. Word of God (John 1:1, 1King 8:9 – 11) Word soaked environment 1Kings 8:9
– God and His word are the same and cannot be separated. The more Word filled your heart is the more of His glory that you reflect.
– That is why we need to diligently seek Him and study and meditate on the Word of God.
– No matter the sacrifice you give and your prayers it will not make a difference if you live in rebellion and walk out of God’s will.
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us (1John 5:14 KJV)
– Remember God and His will or His word will never change, in order to enjoy His backing for anything we have to align with His plan and purpose first. There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand. Proverbs 19:21 (KJV)
You need a plan to have a quiet time with the Lord daily and regularly. This could also be the time when you will pray meaningfully, study and memorise the Word of God diligently.
You should also decree and announce the word of God throughout the day, to you and your interactions.
As you learn and practice these things on a DAILY basis, I promise you that you will begin to see God’s DAILY PRESENCE in your life and you will be able to walk in His DAILY POWER during the entire year.
Ev. Samuel Ng’ang’a, Parish Evangelist